Sunday, June 14, 2009

hmmmmm, I got no title for ya!

Wow, it's been 8 days since my last blog!My husband was away on a business trip all last week so I was playing role of mom and dad, and we all went camping this weekend so I haven't had any time. I know, excuses, excuses. Well Last week my kids school took part in a project called stream of dreams, they learned about conserving water and helping to keep our rivers,lakes and oceans clean. Each child got to paint a wooden salmon, and then they were hung out on the fence. I volunteered to help putting the salmon up on the fence. Only 3 parents, including myself showed up, so it took us about 6 hours!!!! When it was done it looked awesome. I have some great camping pictures but I wanted to share this one first.



Here's me busy working on hanging up the little fish


Here's the boy with his fish, notice the giant afro!!! I have been trying to get him to cut it but he doesn't want to. What is a mom to do?



Here's Mik with her fish!









6 comments:

Captain Dumbass said...

That looks awesome. Tell Shaft I dig his 'fro.

Jess said...

Ohhhhhhhhh! I want one at my house!!!! We would have to get a fence first...but still...Bobby (roommate) would LOVE IT! He just got an eel and some other colorful fish for his tank...he knows all the scientific names for them...I just say "that pretty one" and "that ugly one"

Mama Dawg said...

Those are awesome. I want to do that on the outside of my house!

jerlyn said...

great pictures. so cool to leave
something permanent that both you
and the kids csn look back on and say you were a part of.
So sad that only 3 of the parents turned out.

Trooper Thorn said...

Salmon are always so much nicer when they aren't spawning all over the place.

steenky bee said...

Oh! I want to do that now! Those kiddos are some cuties. I can't wait to see the camping pictures. Me loves camping hair.

BTW: I continually think about a comment you left me the other day and just laugh out loud...."Spandex is a privilege, not a right."